Remember how I mentioned being asked to speak on an affordable housing panel? It was last week, and I learned a lot. Mostly about why I’m not asked to do more of these things.
I also never want to be famous because I would constantly be caught picking my nose, itching my butt and looking for ear wax by the paparazzi.
PS. Thanks for all the support for I Refuse To Be Special Because I Chose To Be A Mother. I was surprised how much agreement there was. I’m not a unique snowflake? YAY!
When I’m not wearing my excitement on the inside, I’m becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- A Silent Car at a NASCAR Race: On Ford Social, I wrote about my experience with Ford and the first electric pace car at a NASCAR race. The car was cool plus I got to sit in Carl Edwards pit box. This piece got more likes on the Ford Facebook page than anything I’ve ever written anywhere (575+). Oh and here are some more cool pictures I took.
- Lumpy Fudge: On The Kitchen Witch, I made her readers grateful that I wasn’t a food blogger by admitting to my attempt to make fudge by first creating my own sweet condensed milk. Oops.
- My First Mother’s Day: It’s Was Only Up From Here: On Richmondmom, I tell the story of my first mom’s day where I awoke to Scott running out the door with baby E to get me a card. I wasn’t pleased. It got better. Then worse. Then better.
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- 10 reasons Why Men Should Not Be Ordained For Ministry: From Sojourners, why men should not be in the ministry. I liked #2 the best. (funny)
- Schopenhauer’s 38 Stratagems, Or 38 Ways To Win An Argument: From mnei, I’ve seen all of these used in comments on the web. I mean that in the saddest way possible. (interesting)
- Bus 52 Presents: Random Acts of Flowers : From Bus 52 on youtube, Random Acts of Flowers is a nonprofit in Tennessee that repurposes flowers to give to those who may not get flowers otherwise. (sweet)