In the summer of 2006, Scott and I went to the Virginia Beach aquarium on a rainy day. I was 7 months pregnant and already in love with the boy growing inside me.
This past month my son and I went the same aquarium.
He’s 7 years old and more than I could have ever hoped for in a child — sweet, smart, funny. He’s thoughtful and kind, stubborn and honest to a fault.
Who knew I would be so lucky to have someone take the best parts of Scott and I to make this wonderful boy?
When I’m not reminiscing, I’m becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- The Internet Cheers Me Up: On Richmondmom, when the days are colder than they should be, these websites and videos make me happy.
- 10 April Fools’ Day Pranks From A Home Near You: On Richmondmom, I give away all my April Pranking secrets.
- The Best Sweatpants Or My Quest To Create The Most Comfortable Outfit In The World: On Richmondmom, I also introduce you to my favorite sweatpants and slippers. You’re welcome.
- Is There A Perfect Church?: On Progressive Christianity, I discuss what is difficult for me about finding a church home, and I wonder if I take my “needs” too far.
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- Stop Mass Executions in Egypt: In Egypt, 720 men were sentenced to death — most in absentia. It’s a horrible travesty of justice so I hope you will join me in taking action through Amnesty International.(important)
- North Carolina’s Gay-Marriage Ban Is Challenged by Church: The United Church Of Christ is bring suit stating THEIR religious beliefs are being trampled. It reminds me of the post I wrote awhile back: I Want My (Liberal, Loving) Religious Liberties Upheld. (Cuts both ways)
- Animals Being Bros: I could spend all day on this reddit board just clicking on gifs of animals being awesome. (adorable)
- Missing’ woman unknowingly joins search for herself: I died reading this. Clark Kent would appreciate the dilemma. (this is a few months old but if you missed it, you must read it)