January has been pretty amazing, and I’m not afraid to say that because I don’t believe in jinxes. Also, the month ended.
My son ran a race and did well; so well that we didn’t believe it was our son when E rounded the corner a block away from the finish line.
It snowed more than once in Richmond!
My sister’s bridesmaids and I (maid of honor, yo!) threw her a fabulous bridal shower in Columbia, South Carolina. (Go Tigers! — That’s for you, B.)
I saw the Vince Lombardo Super Bowl trophy while hanging out at NFL headquarters and got the greatest selfie ever.
My daughter will not stop breaking out her hilarious adorableness right and left.
Scott and I saw the Pixies in concert. Again.
And that’s the only parts where I remembered to take pictures. Way to start 2014!
When I’m not appreciating my life, I’m becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- 20 Signs Your Children Are Gifted: On Richmondmom, I help us all realize how very genius our kids are. I mean if they’ve ever done anything better than you did as a kid, they MUST be gifted!
- I Almost Stopped Writing: On ScoutieGirl, I list the 7 ways I kept writing even when I didn’t want to tell stories anymore — eg. I slept more.
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- South Carolina Christian School Fourth Grade Science Quiz: “Dinosaurs lived with people” True or False. At this school, TRUE. Good to know… no, not really. (from the DailyKos, funny and so concerning)
- Aaaand… jazz hands: Ramen noodles warning sign. (from passive-aggressive notes, funny)
- Obama: Marijuana Is Not ‘More Dangerous Than Alcohol’: There many links in that post about what exactly President Obama said and why. I’ve been thinking a lot about how different my conversion with my kids have to be when it comes to pot now that it’s legal in multiple states. (from NPR, the more you know)
- My 1992 Diary: The entire blog is pages from the author’s 1992 diary. It’s both awesome and awkward.