GIVEAWAY ENDED. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND CONGRATS TO OUR WINNER, WILD ORCHID.
We moved to a new neighborhood about 6 months ago. We love our house and neighbors, but after I got the kids’ rooms 90% done, I stopped working on anything decor-related. We keep it relatively clean and every room is functional, but our living room still looks like this:
In our old house, I had 6 weeks of planning and painting before we moved in and it turns out that is the difference between lovely and awkward. Just before we moved into our current home, we went to Chicago. I didn’t give up hope. I had so many grand ideas of how August would be while unpacking with two kids and no camps; instead, I went to the pool and left my family room as a dance hall.
Now every room and idea feels overwhelming and uninspiring so I decided to start small. I’m going to (re)design the downstairs bathroom. It’s not a large enough project to send me running to a Netflix TV show binge, but it’s used often enough by us and guests that I don’t feel like all my work will be unappreciated.
I’ve already taken down the random giant towel rack and added our long mirror, trash can, and toilet paper holder. Otherwise, it needs a color-scheme beyond taupe-y yellow, a new picture, a new towel rack and a cohesive theme.
I wanted to add this cabinet I love, but the bathroom is so narrow that peeing became dangerous. The thin room coupled with high ceilings, makes decor, like knickknack shelves, and practical considerations, such as keeping supplies of toilet paper or hand towels in the room, quite challenging. But I’m positive, if I start with this small, well-used room and blog about it, I’ll be motivated to finish the rest of the house. Everyone can stop laughing now.
However, my friend, advertiser and an excellent real estate agent, Shannon Milligan from RVA Home Team at Jefferson Properties, is helping to kick off my FINALLY DOING SOMETHING by giving away a $100 VISA gift card to a lucky Late Enough reader. She knows a lot about getting a home ready to sell or how to care for a home once you buy it so if you are in the metro Richmond area (city or counties), check her out!
IMPORTANT: This giveaway is only open to Late Enough readers. If you don’t already follow via RSS, newsletter, or email, please do so before you enter by clicking on Bloglovin or whatever RSS readers you use, sign up for the newsletter, or click here to follow by email. Easy-peasy as my daughter likes to say.
Mandatory Entry: To enter for the $100 VISA gift card, leave a comment on this post with a suggestion for my bathroom or what you did for your favorite redo of a room.
Additional Entries (each one is numbered so you have to leave separate comments to have them count and as always, if you already follow, it counts!):
- Like Late Enough on Facebook and leave a comment below with your Facebook name letting me know.
- Like RVA Home Team on Facebook and leave a comment below with your Facebook name letting me know.
- Follow @L8enough on Twitter and leave a comment below with your Twitter name letting me know.
- Follow @RVAHomeTeam on Twitter and leave a comment below with your Twitter name letting me know.
- Follow LateEnough on Instagram and leave a comment below with your Instagram name letting me know.
- Share this post on Facebook (1/day) tagging or hashtagging Late Enough and RVA Home Team and leave the URL in a comment letting me know.
- Share this post on Twitter (1/day) including @L8enough and @RVAHomeTeam and leave the URL in a comment letting me know.
- Share a photo (1/day) of an idea for my bathroom on Instagram with the hashtag #ideasforlateenoughgiveaway and tag @lateenough.
This giveaway ends on March 10, 2014 at noon EST. It is open to U.S. readers only. You must include a valid email address (especially if you are leaving your comment through Facebook because you don’t have to leave your address to comment) because I will be emailing the winner. I will chose the winner through random.org and the person will have 48 hours to reply and validate the entry before I choose another winner. Please read official rules here.
Disclaimer: While RVA Home Team is a Late Enough advertiser, I was not compensated for this post. I just thought it would be cool because I heart my readers and advertisers and maybe I’ll actually get a room decorated because of you guys.