I didn’t plan a single second of this photo. I just snapped it as quickly as possible because it is the Halloween-iest photo there is — or an ad for Stephen King.
I actually haven’t started the book yet. Throughout my tween and teen years, I read every King book out there and spent many nights both enthralled and terrified (until the end when I was often WTH? A SPIDER?).
Under The Dome is the first book I’ve bought by him in over a decade. I haven’t seen the miniseries, but I’d heard of it and the back of the book intrigued me like only King can. Plus, my son is entering the phase where he enjoys being scared — not Stephen King scared but Haunted House by local teens scared. I can’t wait until he’s a few years older staying up too late with flashlight and asking me where we buried our first cat.
When I’m not freaking myself out, I’m becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- So Many Ways To Support Domestic Violence Awareness Month: On Richmondmom, I list out ways you can help with your time, wallet, or words. Go check them out and help.
- How To Help A New Mom: On CloudMom, I had some great friends and family, who helped so much when I was a new mom, so I share what they did. (I met this blogger on the taxi ride leaving BlogHer ’13 and it ended up being a highlight of trip!)
- Does God Want Me To Eat Organic Food?: On Progressive Christianity, use the brain God gave me to ponder the medical, environmental and Biblical side of organic food.
- Awesome TV Shows: I am a stuck in bed in between our family activities because of my foot so I asked y’all on Facebook for TV shows to entertain me. You rocked with so many good answers that I wanted to share them with everyone.
Favorite Posts I Didn’t Read, I Mean, Write:
- Copyranter: This blog finds amazing ads and people doing marketing right and wrong from the enlightening and horrifying U.N. Women’s ads using Google Searches to Tide’s Vine video spoof on the new movie Carrie. I may have a new favorite blog. (Cool.)
- bipolar: From How Motherhood Changes Us, these are stories from interviews with moms and this one of an ambivalent (in the true sense of the word) mom of a mentally ill son gutted me. Perhaps because sometimes people are honest online for no reason but here the honesty matters on many levels. Read until the end. (honest and heart-wrenching)
- Grim Reaper Prank: From MabeInAmerica on YouTube, The Grim Reaper advertises for a funeral home. “Have you thought about dying soon?”(heehee video)