5 Signs You Might Have A Lot Of Cats

in Pets, Social Life

A few things to look for while walking around your house to see if you could be a crazy cat lady:

1.  When you look down your hallway, you see a perch with a kitty instead of furniture.

Cat perch with cat

He has a good view of his, I mean our, domain.

2. When you look in your family room, you spy another perch of kitties and you didn’t move anything.

Another perch

These aren’t even all my animals.

3. You don’t have a diaper genie. You have a cat litter genie.

Cat Litter Genie

We never even had a diaper genie for my kids.

4. You buy out entire sections of litter at Pet Smart with five minutes to spare before closing time but couldn’t resist these adorable carriers. (Okay, fine, it was reversed: I needed the carriers and bought out the litter because we ALWAYS need litter. See aforementioned kitty litter genie.)

Adorable cat carriers

Aren’t you glad I took a photo of the carriers rather than bags of litter though?

5. You have a giant dog bowl for your cats’ water bowl.

Dog Bowl for Cats

Also, so many cat food bowls…

Oh, I just walked around my house taking photographs for this post so I refuse to replace “a lot of cats” with “too many cats” in the title. High-five my crazy cat lady friends!

Julia August 12, 2013 1

We only have two cats, but they are my babies, so I totally get it. Those are nice carriers. :)
Julia recently posted..The Trouble With Three

Alex Iwashyna August 12, 2013 2

Furry babies! And I love the carriers I found — they’re like little purses of cats when I go somewhere.

julie gardner August 12, 2013 3

My husband is allergic to cats so we have dogs only. Boo. Big time.

Whenever the kids and I pass a pet adoption event, I have to remind myself (and them) that we’d rather keep him than get a kitten.

(Next time, we should make Bill get up on a cat perch and see if he’s still cute enough…)

Alex Iwashyna August 13, 2013 4

Please do that and post a photo on FB. Thanks.

thekitchwitch August 12, 2013 5

Does that Litter Genie thingy work? Temepted…

Alex Iwashyna August 13, 2013 6

It totally does and I can walk around with it since we have litter boxes strategically placed throughout the house to reduce the likelihood of my new place being peed on. Here’s a link from Pet Smart (who didn’t sponsor this post but totally should have although the little genies are also at Target and I think Petco too) http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12265929

Skye August 12, 2013 7

Do they each have a separate food bowl and actually only eat out of that one? If so, super impressive!
Skye recently posted..earthshaking

Alex Iwashyna August 13, 2013 8

They each have a separate food bowl and they share that as a water bowl because I’ve never seen them thirsty at the same time and four tiny water bowls, which would mean eight bowls on the ground, seems a little excessive but four thirsty cats meant I needed a big bowl.
PS. It’s actually bigger than my dog’s water bowl.

Ashley F August 13, 2013 9

I only have 1 cat, and at times he seems to take the space of 10 because I’m constantly stepping on cat toys. Occasionally I will even wake up with cat toys in my bed because he keeps trying to “play” with me even when I’m asleep. It’s like having a furry toddler that poops in a box.
Ashley F recently posted..Fluffy Thing Fridays – Help! I’m Stuck!

Alex Iwashyna August 13, 2013 10

HA! “a furry toddler who poops in a box” is a priceless description except all those cat toys and cat food and cat litter is not actually priceless at all. One of my cats yowls in the hallways at 4am. He’s more like an angsty teenager I think. Too bad they make up for it with all the purring and unconditional love though.

Ashley F August 15, 2013 11

My cat totally is like a toddler, he’s always getting into things, he’s constantly trying to put things in his mouth that he shouldn’t, he’s always “asking” for treats, he runs around the house like a maniac, he has more toys than he needs, he randomly wakes me up in the middle of the night but you’re right, nothing beats the unconditional love and snuggles. Nothing like a purring kitten curled up in your lap.
Ashley F recently posted..Fluffy Thing Fridays – Help! I’m Stuck!

Eve August 13, 2013 12

A cat litter genie? Does it work well? How does it work? Have I mentioned it’s not too late to address my birthday?

I have one giant cat tree and 3 cat condos, which seem to make the fur children happy. I have 3 cats and partial ownership of a fourth, who does not care for me.

Alex Iwashyna August 13, 2013 13

You take the poops and the clumps (if you use clumping litter which we do in some of the boxes and are trying to move more of them to it) and scoop it into the top and then you pull a middle piece out and it goes into the bottom and you can do it until it’s full without any smell and you just remove the bag to throw away. (RUN ON SENTENCE!)
It’s extra nice for us because we have litter boxes in different places around the house to reduce the possibility of peeing so I can carry it from box to box and just leave it at the last one.
Here’s a link from Pet Smart (who didn’t sponsor this post but I may tell them totally should have — although the little genies are also at Target and I think Petco too) http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12265929

Leigh Ann August 13, 2013 14

Your cats have separate bowls? That’s hardcore.

Alex Iwashyna August 14, 2013 15

I would go from 4 cats to 1 in less than 24 hours if I didn’t have separate food bowls.

Abby August 22, 2013 16

I have all of these things, plus the Texas-sized cat floof tumbleweeds in every corner of every room. Crazy Cat Lady Powers, Activate!

Karen March 26, 2014 17

Uh huh! Four cats, two dogs, one fish. Food and water bowls everywhere. And cats who fight over sitting on the table to glare at the fish. No kids but beginning process to try to adopt a special needs pre-schooler. Umm. Maybe just vegetable grade crazy?