The Battle Of The Band-Aids

in Motherhood, My Daughter

With my post on Abercrombie and Fitch driving so much traffic to my site, I technically shouldn’t be posting anything. However, I’m not good with rules and all my freaders (friend reader) who were here before A&F and will be here long after it are all: Where’s Alex? (probably)

I’m in the battle of the band-aids.

Bandaid

You should probably buy stock in them ASAP.

Every pain my 4-year-old gets could be fixed by 4-5 adhesive characters stuck anywhere near the boo-boo. But we have a rule in our home that if it doesn’t bleed it, doesn’t get a band-aid.

My daughter: Ouch!

Me: Are you okay?

My daughter: Almost! I need a band-aid.

Me: No, it doesn’t need a band-aid. I can kiss it and give you a big hug, but band-aids are for when something is bleeding.

My daughter: Well, it doesn’t always have to be bleeding to be bleeding.

Me: Hmmm.

My daughter: Blood can be white, you know?

Me: Who told you that?

My daughter: Someone in my class.

Me: Who?

My daughter: That’s her name. Her last name is Class.

Me: So her parents named her Someone In My…

My daughter: …Class. Exactly. Can I have a band-aid?

Now we have an amended rule: Band-aids are for blood or making me laugh with surprise genius. I think I’m going to need a lot of band-aids.

Walt May 17, 2013 1

As Life moves on, these debates will become more and more complex. They will fill with awe and wonder. Read my link up there in the website linky thing.
Walt recently posted..Don’t You Wish He was Your Boss?

Melissa May 17, 2013 2

What is it about 3 – 4 year olds and Band-Aids? We have worked hard to convince C that stickers are for boo-boos that aren’t bleeding. It seems to work, most of the time.

Lily from It's A Dome Life May 17, 2013 3

I love this post. It reminds me of being a kid and thinking I had come up with a really genius argument that I just knew would change my parents minds FOREVER. It’s so funny, now, to be on the other side. Those arguments I came up with were likely terrible.

My favorite line: “That’s her name. Her last name is Class.”

My daughter thinks band-aids hurt so she wears them on her wrist like a bracelet and somehow, through magic powers, they make her bleeding knee feel much, much better.

Andrea May 17, 2013 4

When my four year old starts spinning a wild yarn I tell him “Hold on, I need to write this down!” or “I’ll get my phone to record this story!” He just laughs and swears the story is completely true.

Leigh Ann May 17, 2013 5

My SIL introduced my kids to “magic tape.” If it was a minor non bleeding boo boo it got magic tape. Worked like a charm and way cheaper than Band Aids.
Leigh Ann recently posted..Over it/Loving it

Amanda Jillian May 18, 2013 6

I’m over here giggling cause AJ my son is constantly band-aiding something on him and now he puts band-aids on his sister and she’s fine with it.
Amanda Jillian recently posted..Have you heard of Sevenly?

Katie May 19, 2013 7

Eddie would live wrapped in Angry Bird Band-Aids if I let him. And if we had a million dollars to spend on Angry Birday Band-Aids.
Katie recently posted..Project 365 {week 20}

Kimberly May 24, 2013 8

Also effective: candy.

ginger May 27, 2013 9

LOl, I used to teach middle school. My 8th graders LURVED band-aides. I had Spongbob ones and would make them sing the first two lines of the Theme song in order to get one. If I could go back in time, I would invent the band-aide, patent it, and reap the rewards…cause my kids love those things, too.
ginger recently posted..My GOD What is That Thing?