E decided he was a straight-walking robot on the way to school so I had to help him get to the car by pointing him in the perfectly correct direction.
Did I feel foolish at 8:30 a.m. in the clearly-for-people-a-decade-or-more-younger-than-me Paul Frank pajamas that I got a few Valentine’s Days ago because hearts and monkeys scream MAMA to my kids? For a second. But I was too busy noticing how much my world tilts to left.
As if we didn’t know I leaned to the left…
When I’m not parading my liberal ways around my front lawn in hypocritical teenager pj pants in an attempt to get a 6-year-old robot to school, I’m becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- Abortion and the Unknowable God: An Attempt at a Neutral and Faithful Discussion: On Progressive Christianity, I discuss what it means to believe in a God we cannot know but want to know. How do we find our way into doing the right thing and figuring out the moral choices for ourselves and where to take our stands when God may not take stands like we do? I focus on one of the most divisive issues of our times and one where a single side seems to have co-opted God: the abortion debate.
- My blender giveaway (total value $455) is still going on and is my most popular giveaway to date. I’m not surprised since the Blendtec Blender is awesome as is Stonyfield for hooking us up. Okay, I’m a little surprised, but I’m glad y’all like it.
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- List of Shakespearean Insults: From Nerd Paradise, I don’t curse much (the up side is when I do everyone takes note), but sometimes I don’t know how to let someone know they suck so I found this page. (nerdy)
- Lutheran pastor apologizes for taking part in Sandy Hook service: From NBC News, Lutherans aren’t allowed to pray with people of other faiths. I don’t understand. I don’t remember Jesus only praying with other Jews. (sad)
- I Really Hope My Son Gets to be a Boy Scout: From ask your dad, an excellent and heartfelt piece from a boy scout on how badly he and his friends treated a boy, who came out as gay, and his family before the boy was asked to leave the scouts, and why it is important for the Boy Scouts of America to stop excluding LBGT people from their organization. (thoughtful)
- Pretty Girls Making Ugly Faces (22 Pics): From pleated jeans, this makes me so happy. The animated gifs are the best but this is only a few of the many awesome ones that exist. You should click over the Reddit and look at more of them though. (funny)