The winner of my LEGO® KidsFest giveaway is Shannon. Yay! Congrats!
If you don’t have tickets but still want to attend, the Sunday morning, February 17th and both Saturday, February 16th Richmond shows are sold out, but Friday show and Sunday afternoon show still have tickets.
I hope to see you there.
I should’ve known my daughter was sick earlier this week when her part of her face, her right leg and both hands turned purple.
Oh wait, she just wasn’t sick enough to sit on the couch and watch TV like I wanted to after three nights of no sleep. Did it matter that her cold had morphed into an ear infection and a croup cough, which was causing the three nights of no sleep? Nope.
The artist must art on.
She did prove that art heals because within 36 hours she was better. I, however, would still like to watch TV all day.
When I’m not forcing my daughter to give up her passion to stare at a mind-numbing screen, I am becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- 10 Things To Do In Richmond With Kids: On Scary Mommy, I teamed up with Shannon to write a travel guide for families heading to Richmond, Virginia and its surrounding counties. We picked some off the beaten path and all so families won’t get side-eye for showing up.
- Manners Are Complicated: On Richmondmom, I lament how difficult it is to teach my kids manners beyond “please” and “thank you.” Like burps we say, “excuse me,” but burps out your butt, we pretend didn’t happen.
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- Pastor Who Left Sanctimonious Tip Gets Waitress Fired from Applebee’s, Claims Her Reputation Was Ruined: From Gawker, a pastor refuses to give the 18% tip after bringing a large group that sat at Applebee’s for 5 hours because she only gives God 10%. Waitress posts receipt to Internet. Internet figures out who it is. Pastor gets mad and gets waitress fired. I’m still waiting for God to fire the Pastor. (WTH)
- Cats Are Ruthless Killers. Should They Be Killed?: From Scientific America, while I knew that cats are terrible killing machines, this article makes a compelling argument for moving away from catch, neuter, release and from having outdoor cats at all. My 2 youngest cats are indoor-only in part to protect the eco-system, but I wasn’t plan to force my 14-year-old cats indoors in the waning years of their lives. Sorry birds. (interesting)
- Who Really Owns Your Photos in Social Media? (Updated 2013 Edition): From PBS, good news! The courts have rules that you do but you should understand the terms of service of the site your using (and they lay it out nicely). (social media nerds)
- Dream Jobs: From Anything Comic, six jobs that I’m available immediately for especially King of the World or Gremlin (funny)
Disclaimer: I was compensated for this post by LEGO KidsFest, and although I was required to announce the winner, the winner chose how their name was announced so your anonymity can be protected if I ever have to announce the winner in other giveaways. Also, Shannon recently became an advertiser on Late Enough. Since I use random.org to pick my winners, this did not influence her winning the giveaway except for the possible karma of advertising on Late Enough. I’m pretty sure my other newest advertiser, It’s A Dome Life, is hopeful.