There are no words for how happy this headband made me.
When I’m not being a witch, I’m becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- God is Love: The Daily Lessons of God in Parenting: On Progressive Christianity, my monthly column came out. I wrote about an unexpected conversation I had with my son on how God is love first and foremost and how we can talk about God can be in everyday conversations.
- Enter These Giveaways and Promote Yours: On This Blogger Makes Fun Of Stuff, we started a giveaway link-up where you can add any giveaways you are running on your blog and we promote them. The more people who link up, the more we all get the word out about all our awesome giveaways. It’s worth a shot!
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- When I Used To: From All Work And No Play Makes Mommy Go Something Something, a mom, who is depressed, shares the person she was at 21 running a trauma unit in the ER and the person she is at 34 struggling with bipolar and making a sandwich for her son. (heartbreaking)
- Coconut Oil: The Edible Beauty Routine: I ask It’s A Dome Life to write a guest review for me while I was on a mini-vacation, and she wrote about the wonders of real, organic coconut oil — in the kitchen, on the skin, for health and beachy, smelling happiness. (beachy)
- Sept. 11 Documentarian Wins MacArthur Genius Grant: From NPR, Laura Poitras, a documentarian making a trilogy of films about the post-Sept. 11 world is interviewed. She also has been detained so many times by the US that she now has to do most of her work in Europe and has to put friends and family on alert to keep track of her whereabouts. (sad and important)
- How to take Incredible photos of your friends: From The Oatmeal, where they remind us how to take crap pictures with our phones of mediocre events to post on Facebook. (funny)
PS. I’ve called my posts with link to cool pieces “epilogues” and “more popular than,” and I’ve considered “round up” and “read while bored,” but I’ve never liked any of the names. I’m too picky about titles and will even change the title of a post 24 hours later. I HAVE COMMITMENT ISSUES (except when it comes to Scott and blogging regularly). Do these need a name? Or can I just let it go?