Did I miss something in all those soccer games I’m forced to watch because I’m married to a soccer fanatic? I just don’t recall stretchers being such an intricate part of the game.
Oh and I’d be remise as a fan-by-proxy to not say Go Team USA! We beat Mexico’s soccer team in Azteca for the first time in over 75 years, which is probably the same amount of time we’ve had a team. Wait, now that I think about it, the US fans had to be evacuated after the first goal so maybe that toy is on the opposing team?
When I’m not questioning toys and pretending to be interested in soccer, I’m becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- The God Of My Children: On Progressive Christianity, my first post is up about how I cannot be passive about giving my children God. It’s a repost, but it is why they hired me in the first place so worth a look.
- Shaving: Making The Worst Part Of Summer, Better: On This Blogger Makes Fun of Stuff, I tried 3 razors to make the worst of summer (shaving) into the not-to-bad of summer. The best was the cheapest. Score!
- There will be no gardening tips here: On Four Plus An Angel, I explain why Late Enough will never be a gardening blog and show you my Charlie Brown Tomato plant, which is adorable.
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- Women in My Corner: A Story Circle of Love: Mandy Passes to Alex: From The Kir Corner, Mandy of Mandyland wrote many nice words about me and I teared-up. I’d be in that woman’s corner any day. (friendship online is real-ish)
- The Bullying Culture of Medical School: From The New York Times, a profile on how many medical students are treated by residents and attendings. In my experience, it is all true. (interesting – a longer take on my thoughts are on Facebook)
- Twitter Users Talking About Olympics: From Sad and Useless, humanity comes to grips with the Olympics being 3000 years old. It does not go well. (funny)