It’s like my last post decided to karma me. Loki, my oldest baby (cat), smelled. Bad. So bad, we couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. We looked in his mouth. We sniffed his butt. It seemed to be EVERYWHERE. So we decided he needed a bath.
As it turns out, the smell was coming from an EAR. The vet confirmed it today: Loki has an ear infection, which twitter agrees is weird.
He also lost some weight so he is officially an indoor-only cat, and we will be waiting on blood work.
Loki is my baby. My first cat and the idea of him ever dying? Well, I’m tearing up typing. Let’s all think good thoughts and hope he forgives us for the trapping him in the shower and pouring water on him for the first time in his entire life.
When I’m not bathing cats and worrying that my vet thinks I’m a terrible cat mom, I’m becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- Making My Hair BlogHer ’12 Ready: On Storify, I’m getting my hair ready for BlogHer ’12 with a multiple-step, ridiculous, process that I brought together mostly prove I need a new hobby.
- FB PR rant: On Facebook, I get mad at a PR company. Y’all join in.
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- 136 Creepy Wikipedia Articles: From Phocks (sent by Lucky Puppy), I haven’t read all of them but 3 was enough to TOTALLY CREEPY ME OUT. (creepy)
- Apps Are Ruining My Life: From JennaMarbles on YouTube, hilarious vlog on getting obsessed with apps WHICH I DON’T RELATE TO AT ALL. Probably. (funny, NSFW)
- Breastfeeding, and Working, at Rio+20: From The New York Times Motherlode Blog, Cate Owren discusses the irony of coming together to support human rights 20 years after the Rio Earth Summit and having no place to pump to breastfeed her child. (insightful)
- Our microbes are under threat — and the enemy is us: From USA Today, how we are changing our skin and stomach and intestinal microbial makeup by taking more antibiotics, eating processed food and being cleaner. Some amazing examples of how this affects our lives. (interesting)