I clearly should not have ever delved into the world quotes on squares because now I CANNOT STOP.
As if the six I did this week weren’t enough, I made another one because multiple commenters liked a line in my post on quirks, and when I get a compliment, I RUN WITH IT.
Soon I will be filling squares with “Your hair doesn’t look as greasy as I would’ve thought for not showering this week.”, “Your not as selfish as I thought you’d be.”, and a personal favorite “That was nice of you. I’m surprised.”
Maybe I should just stick to quoting myself. Or at least me and Edgar.
When I’m not taking pictures of squares and quoting myself and other okay writers on them, I’m becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- We Have Family Dinners. They Just Usually End With Us Eating Alone.: On Richmondmom, I tell the truth about the family dinner table. It’s a great idea that never works out.
- For The Love Of Shoes (And A Book Giveaway!): On This Blogger Makes Fun of Stuff, I show off my shoe collection to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of my blog friend, Lela Davidson, book Blacklisted from the PTA. I’m also giving away a copy just for commenting about your favorite shoes.
- Enough Books: On Facebook, I made a book club where each person chose whatever of the 4-5 books someone else has read and they talk about it whenever a few other people are done. Right now, 4 people are reading Sold and 2 people will be reading Sacre Bleu. Join us. Or don’t.
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- This Isn’t A Fairytale: My friend Mandy, from In Mandyland guest posted on my friend Erin’s site, Erin Margolin: The Road To My Writer Roots, about how marriages end not because people throw each other away like that Facebook picture of the old people floating says but because some relationships are beyond repair. (heartfelt)
- How to Makes a Rape Joke: From Jezebel, a post that doesn’t just say rape jokes are never funny although she does explain some of the problems with them but goes on to show 5 comedians that pull off rape jokes because it depends on who is the butt of the joke: rape victims or rape culture. (thought-provoking)
- I Want It Today: From Slate, how Amazon’s push for same-day delivery will put most local retail out of business. If they pull it off, I would definitely fall victim to it. (interesting)
- Utah Magazine Celebrates Its (White) ‘Women of Color’: From Gawker, the Utah Valley Magazine missed the memo that “women of color” is usually a more diverse picture. (the comments are hilarious)