I’m so grumpy this week.
Where’s the emoticon between grumpy and punch someone in the face? Oh, it’s in my mirror.
— Alex Iwashyna (@L8enough) July 22, 2012
Seriously, I know part of it is being up at after 11 p.m. all week, and my daughter peed on me Wednesday night (she has nighttime accidents 2 times a year and I was lucky enough to be sharing a bed with her for it. I was so tired that I actually thought: If I just move closer to my pillow I won’t have to change the sheets until morning. However, I didn’t factor in my pjs playing the role of towel that night so I got up and changed the sheets.). But I’m a little ridiculous about what’s getting on my nerves.
Me: Oh, you exist? Annoying.
I’m able to be kind, too, but the hate-the-world is strong in me. I’d be the Jedi who kills Jar Jar Binks.
However, my grumpiness led to this conversation:
Me to my kids: I’m so grumpy. I don’t know why. It doesn’t have anything to do with y’all, and I don’t like it. Who else doesn’t like when mama is grumpy?
My daughter: Me!
Me: Me, too!
My son: I like when you’re grumpy.
Me: You do?
My son: It’s easier to drive you crazy. You know, the only sport you can play indoors is driving mom crazy!*
*Direct Calvin and Hobbes quote making my kid even more awesome because who knew he could quote the best comic strip ever.
The other cool thing is that while I’m grumpy, I’m doing what I need to do to feel better (talking, praying, breathing, resting — well I’ll get to resting this weekend) without feeling like I suck for hating everyone and without believing that I’ll feel this way forever. I’m all: So what if I’m more irritable this week? It happens and it’ll go away. Let’s focus on what a great job I’m doing at minimizing the damage I could be inflicting! I’m a glass-is-half-full grump.
When I’m not hating the world for a week, I’m becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- My Kids Can Put Away Their Own Laundry: On Richmondmom, my kids have been putting away their own laundry since they were 2 years old. Well, until my 5-year-old pulled out some evil genius.
- The Best Baby Blanket Ever: On This Blogger Makes Fun of Stuff, I introduce y’all to the greatest, longest lasting baby blanket on Earth. Totally worth the splurge.
- FB Chick Fil A rant: On Facebook, I rant about free speech, ChickFilA and people being mean.
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- Clients From Hell: I spent an entire day reading this website so I apologize in advance for making you less productive. (hilarious)
- Bloggers Beware: You CAN Get Sued For Using Pics on Your Blog – My Story: From Roni Loren, what can happen if you use a photo that’s not your own. It sucks that it takes someone getting in trouble to get us all to follow the rules. (I’m looking at all of us and Facebook TOS) (important for online peeps)
- Global Warming’s Terrifying New Math: From Rolling Stone, terrifying statistics on what is happening to our planet, our environment and how bleak the future looks. (important)