Scott was driving home from work when a green sedan sped up behind him and changed lanes so quickly that he hit our car and DROVE AWAY.
Once I established that Scott is okay (he is), I moved on to being PISSED — a place I’m much more comfortable with than worrying about my husband’s wellbeing.
MOstly because this is what our car looks like:
The police think we’ll never catch him because even though I KNOW there’s a green sedan out there with a jacked up front bumper driven by a person who CAUSED AN ACCIDENT AND DROVE OFF LIKE THEY HAVE NO FEELINGS, the likelihood of finding him and proving it was him is close to zero. Where’s my Law and Order and CSI crew? Oh wait, one of us would have to be murdered so forget it.
A witness circled back and another person came out of a store to see if Scott was okay and to give their information as witnesses. Those people barely save humanity.
This is the second time we’ve been in a hit-and-run. The first time I was 9 months pregnant with my son. Luckily, it happened at 5 mph so while the door was dented and scraped, everyone was okay although the police did try to call the ambulance since my gigantic belly scared them. Also, Scott tried to go on a high-speed chase after the 4 teenage boys to which I said: WHAT ARE DOING? I’M 9 MONTHS PREGNANT.
Scott said: Oh yeah, BUT..
Me: No buts. Except my big pregnant one.
Scott pulled over and the car or driver was not caught back then either.
The moral of the story is hit-and-runs totally pay off.
When I’m not getting hit by cars, I’m becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- My Husband’s Father’s Day Gift Guide: Man, Is He Going To Be Disappointed: On This Blogger Makes Fun of Stuff, my husband pretty much blogs his Father’s Day list. Poor thing.
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- New Study Confirms (Again): Keystone XL Would RAISE Gas Prices: From Nation of Change, multiple studies have shown that U.S. gas prices will rise 10-20 cents per gallon if the Keystone XL goes through. (important)
- Mister Rogers Remixed | Garden of Your Mind: From PBSDigitalStudios on youtube, a video remix of Mister Rogers. (very cool)
- 10 Bizarre Theories About Movies & Television!!: From nudge-ur-mind, The Rugrats were figments of Angelica’s imagination and Rebecca Black’s song Friday is about JFK’s assignation. (weird)
- World of Class Warfare – The Poor’s Free Ride Is Over: From The Daily Show, the government could raise $700 billion by either taking half of everything earned by the bottom 50% or by raising the marginal tax rate on the top two percent. (an older but relevant and funny video)