My high expectation for Monday was to take care of my daughter and her cold by letting her watch too much TV while I played on my computer. Glorious.
Instead, I did at least 5 things in the last 24 hours that you didn’t do:
1. I saved a freezer full of breast milk by loaning my portable generator to a neighbor EVEN THOUGH MY POWER IS OUT, TOO. I’m hoping for cookies since my friend pointed out that expecting to be given their next child as a thank you means I’d get stuck with a baby.
2. I was told by a therapist that I can start trusting myself more, which made me wonder if we were both talking about the same person.
3. I was attacked by a box full of magnets. It was like The Happening except I knew EXACTLY what was happening. Nature was trying to kill me by gusting plastic alphabet pieces at my face.
4. I answered the phone for an unknown New Jersey number because I thought it was the New York Times and/or Huffington Post calling me, but it was just my son’s godfather using his landline. And by “just” I mean “just as good.” Probably.
5. Fine, Scott did the last one: He bought The Chronicles of Narnia audio book for $41. Seriously, NO ONE DOES THAT FOR A REASON. (Psst, the reason is: Audio books are weird and difficult to follow. Ooh, that’s 2 reasons.)
Everything else I did Monday, I’m pretty sure you did, too. Like eating and sleeping and showering and finding people annoying.