I have no idea how to go from a post taking the Internet by storm like Monday’s story about the conservative Christian mom standing up for her gay daughter to a new post without being paralyzed with fear. So I turned to the man who makes my blog possible mostly by doing stupid things.
In fact, the only time my husband and I ever fought about my blog was during my first year when it took way more time than I and my obsessive tendencies anticipated. Otherwise, he has supported every word and every story mostly the ones about him. He’s the perfect blogging spouse. A Blouse?
10 reasons my husband was meant to marry a blogger:
1. He ends everything awkward with: Yes, you can blog about that.
2. He poses for pictures I’m not planning to take for stories I have no plans to ever write.
3. He calls himself “my muse” so often I added it to my work bio. I don’t have a lot of freelance work right now so I can’t really link to it. I’m 64% sure the two aren’t related.
4. He thought the post about his vasectomy was funny and refers to it in polite company.
5. He sends me articles to improve my blog. I usually read them and think, Why did he send me this? because I can’t understand any ideas beyond my own for at least 24 hours and NOTHING I DO NEEDS IMPROVEMENT.
6. He jumps into the family room like Wolverine. Minus the skin-tight yellow unitard. He’s the motorcycle Wolverine.
7. He swims under a coffee table just as I’m about to take its picture.
8. When I say: But what about all the hate comments and emails I’ll get? He says: It’ll be fun! Probably because no one emails him.
9. He reenacted getting stuck in Spanx so I could take pictures (and by “reenacted” I mean “was planning to reenact but got stuck again”) and laughed when @SPANXinc tweeted about it.
10. He hates writing and Twitter and hasn’t figured out YouTube yet so marrying a blogger was the only way to become Internet famous.
Basically, Late Enough is fulfilling Scott’s destiny. I’m like a sacrificial lamb staying up until midnight and getting carpel tunnel syndrome. ALL FOR HIM. Probably.