ScottWolverine

10 Reasons Why My Husband Was Meant To Marry A Blogger

I have no idea how to go from a post taking the Internet by storm like Monday’s story about the conservative Christian mom standing up for her gay daughter to a new post without being paralyzed with fear. So I turned to the man who makes my blog possible mostly by doing stupid things.

In fact, the only time my husband and I ever fought about my blog was during my first year when it took way more time than I and my obsessive tendencies anticipated. Otherwise, he has supported every word and every story mostly the ones about him. He’s the perfect blogging spouse. A Blouse?

10 reasons my husband was meant to marry a blogger:

1. He ends everything awkward with: Yes, you can blog about that.

2. He poses for pictures I’m not planning to take for stories I have no plans to ever write.

Scottisright
To explain why he wrote 8 oz of Tomato Sauce on this box of Jambalaya would be as exciting as explain how long it took me to figure out how to spell Jambalaya.

3. He calls himself “my muse” so often I added it to my work bio. I don’t have a lot of freelance work right now so I can’t really link to it. I’m 64% sure the two aren’t related.

4. He thought the post about his vasectomy was funny and refers to it in polite company.

5. He sends me articles to improve my blog. I usually read them and think, Why did he send me this? because I can’t understand any ideas beyond my own for at least 24 hours and NOTHING I DO NEEDS IMPROVEMENT.

6. He jumps into the family room like Wolverine. Minus the skin-tight yellow unitard. He’s the motorcycle Wolverine.

ScottWolverine
With BENDABLE STRAWS OF DOOM.

7. He swims under a coffee table just as I’m about to take its picture.

SwimmingWithTablesScott
He’s a blog natural.

8. When I say: But what about all the hate comments and emails I’ll get? He says: It’ll be fun! Probably because no one emails him.

9. He reenacted getting stuck in Spanx so I could take pictures (and by “reenacted” I mean “was planning to reenact but got stuck again”) and laughed when @SPANXinc tweeted about it.

10. He hates writing and Twitter and hasn’t figured out YouTube yet so marrying a blogger was the only way to become Internet famous.

Basically, Late Enough is fulfilling Scott’s destiny. I’m like a sacrificial lamb staying up until midnight and getting carpel tunnel syndrome. ALL FOR HIM. Probably.

Alex Iwashyna

Alex Iwashyna went from a B.A. in philosophy to an M.D. to a SAHM, poet and writer by 30. She spends most of her writing time on LateEnough.com, a humor blog (except when it's serious) about her husband fighting zombies, awkward attempts at friendship, and dancing like everyone is watching. She also has a soft spot for culture, politics, and rude Southern people who offend her Yankee sensibilities. She parents 2 elementary-aged children, 1 foster baby, 3 cats, and 1 puppy, who are all Southern but not rude. Yet.

25 thoughts to “10 Reasons Why My Husband Was Meant To Marry A Blogger”

  1. I thought wolverine was pretty funny until he swam under te coffee table and I laughed out loud:

    Well played dr spiky hair

  2. So funny, my husband is constantly saying “are you going to blog about this?” anytime he does anything remotely funny. And the answer is always no.

  3. Love the swimming pic! On the other hand, my husband refuses pictures, and says no you can’t put that in your blog (likely why I haven’t blogged in a month), however he doesn’t even read my blog, so how would he even know?? Hmmm…..

  4. Cracking up over Wolverine. Seriously…if you guys ever getting around to joining the Adopt Two Gingers and Their Mom Program (ATGTMP), let me know.

  5. I have the same spouse. she thinks blogging is weird and we’re all weirdos but everywhere we go, “you should blog about this”. Or every time something funny happens at home, “you have to blog about this”.

  6. Cort loves my blogging 99% of the time. The other 1% is when I blog something and he is like, “why did you blog that?” and quickly gets over it because the internet is under the impression that he is awesome.

    well, he is. But still.

    Also? he will ALWAYS pose with something if I need him to. ALWAYS.

  7. OMG. I know I’m late to the party but I friggin’ love this post. Forwarding to my own spouse so he can learn from a pro. Scott is a Jedi Blouse.

  8. This was adorable! And very sweet. I like knowing I’m not the only one with a silly partner who hates writing but wants to be the focus of it. Nice job 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.