What I Did Instead Of Writing A Thoughtful Post

in WTH

I usually write thoughtful pieces on Thursdays because it kinda rhymes, but when I wake up at 6 a.m., I become productive doing all the things that don’t need to be done. Probably because it took me three tries to get the periods in the correct place for “a.m..”

What I did instead of writing a thoughtful post:

I redesigned my site in such subtle ways that no one will notice, but it still took me two hours to finish. During that time I broken my site not once, not twice, but three times, but I was too tired to freak out, which is an unexpected bonus of this waking up early plan.

I made this poster:

SeedlessWatermelonPoster

I updated my disclaimer policy to include this line for companies who want to work with me “… but be aware: I am always honest and I firmly believe that I deserve money for my work.” I took out the line about possibly setting their product on fire.

I looked at the picture of myself trying to fall asleep with the knowledge I would be waking up at 6 a.m..

Tryingtofallasleep

Why is my bedroom so bright at 11:30 p.m.?

I looked at the picture of myself waking up at 6 a.m..

FirstMorningat6

It's so much darker and more miserable.

Between these important achievements, I did research for another website immediately after telling her I’d do it this weekend, I got into an imaginary fight with one company, I got into a (completely justified) argument with another, and I talked aloud and to myself multiple times in public.

This 30 day wake up project is going really well. As is this post. And my use of punctuation.

I have no idea how to end a thoughtless post.

An awkward group hug?

Maybe I’ll just say: See you tomorrow and thanks for being awesome enough to have reached the end of this post.

Rob R March 21, 2012 1

I’m so delirious from trying to balance a full-time job with all-night writing marathons, that I toll hardly cared today when I noticed that more than half of my posts were mysteriously missing from Google. Normally that is something my OCD would be all over and cause me to furiously hack away on my iPhone searching for answers, but today, all I could muster was a half-enthusiatic, “Eh?”

Late Enough March 22, 2012 2

Exactly. It turns out mellow and laidback was code for too exhausted to care.

wombatcentral March 22, 2012 3

Yes, awkward group hugs always make things better. ;D

I break my blog with frightening regularity. In fact, if you attempted to Like it on FB right now, it would tell you something went wrong. Why have I not removed this feature until I’ve solved the problem? I just don’t know.

Carry on. You’re doing a fine job, as is evidence by your fab sticker.

Late Enough March 22, 2012 4

Of course, I went to you blog to see. Yup, still broken.

Abby March 22, 2012 5

Reading this post was totally worth it, if only because I got to also read the tag: “6am had better include unicorns and rainbows.”

I see matching t-shirts with this phrase on them in our immediate future.

Late Enough March 22, 2012 6

are you up for making a graphic for it? because I’ll totally put that in my zazzle store. we can go halvies.

Skye March 22, 2012 7

Hey, at least you didn’t press snooze for an hour like I would have done. And I’m pretty sure I can see some of your blog changes (share buttons and ads moved above your header? and is the search bar new, or am I just unobservant? either way, I love search bars). Congrats on a productive early day!

Late Enough March 22, 2012 8

I’m so impressed. I moved those above the header, I brought my navigation bar below my header and adjusted the color. The search bar has always in that general area (because I love them too), but I changed the wording inside (which maybe is what made you notice it?)

Skye March 22, 2012 9

Aw, I’m proud of how well I stalk your blog! Haha :)

The Mommy Psychologist March 23, 2012 10

No clue what changed on your blog. How many days into 6 a.m are you?

Late Enough March 23, 2012 11

My husband didn’t have any clue either.
This post was written at the end of day 1. I’m responding to you comment at the beginning of day 3. I have been falling asleep quicker (yay!) but not earlier (although not later than 11:30 so far).

Kristin @ What She Said March 23, 2012 12

I paid someone to redesign my site because the fear of breaking it was enough to spike my anxiety to dangerous levels. That said, yours looks great – I totally noticed the differences. Sort of. A little bit.

Katie March 27, 2012 13

usually my alarm goes off at 5:15. but recently, it cries at 3am and 6am.

and i still think i get more sleep than you.

although you get to type with both hands.