Stopping to smell the flowers is not all it’s cracked up to be:
When my kids and I aren’t rushing back inside to avoid nature, I’m making myself even more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- The Biggest St. Patrick’s Day Parenting Mistake: On Richmondmom, I warn parents everywhere about the perils of Saint Patrick’s Day. Or at least not wearing green around my children.
- Mindy Kaling Wrote A Memoir I Actually Liked: On This Blogger Makes Fun of Stuff, I admit that I’m not a big memoir fan, but I loved Mindy Kaling’s book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns).
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- Adorable Cat: An animated cat gif that I am still watching 24 hours later and not just because I made my own early this week. (adorable)
- International Women’s Day: 10 Reasons Why Feminism is Good For Boys and Men: From The Huffington Post, my husband and son are feminists so I didn’t need 10 reasons, but I read them anyway because we need men to have equality for women. (high-five)
- Hello and Goodbye: The Bittersweet Enormity of Adoption: From BlogHer, an honest portrayal of the guilt and excitement for an adoptive mom the day the birth mom puts the infant in her arms. (compelling)
- Very Mary Kate / Dishwasher: From College Humor, Mary Kate loves dishwashers! As in the person who washes her dishes whose name she doesn’t want to learn. (funny)