We aren’t much for subtly in our home.
When my husband isn’t telling me, Go to bed you-crazy-night-owl-still-waking-up-at-6am-everyday-going-to-die-from-lack-of-sleep, while I’m ignoring him to play more Draw Something, I’m becoming more popular by reading and writing elsewhere.
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- Words Are Not Just Words: Don’t Use These Around My Children: On Richmondmom, I compile my honest list of words I don’t want people to say around my children; thus proving I’m a 90-year-old woman trapped in a 33-year-old’s body.
- UPDATED: The Quest For The Best Hair Tie Is Probably Only Interesting To Me: On This Blogger Makes Fun of Stuff, I show you the best and the worst ponytail holders out there. And for someone with lots of fine hair, this post is important.
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- What Kind of Times Are These: A poem by Adrienne Rich, an amazing poet, writer and feminism who died this week. I cried. (poignant)
- It’s 2012 and Some People Are Still A-Holes.: From Parenting by Dummies, this mom, who sees herself blogging as a mom before blogging as a black mom, nevertheless feels forced to explain the n-word to her children after a schoolmate calls her 4th grad son the n-word. And she asks everyone to do the same. (compelling)
- Wife of Soldier Accused of Killing 16 Civilians in Afghanistan Had a Blog: From Moms LA, the wife of the soldier accused of killing sixteen (maybe more) Afghan civilians had a blog and the minutiae of their daily life could be on trial now. (interesting)
- 18 Crazy Wifi Names: From Smosh, people are way too creative with their wifi names. The flamingo exchange is my favorite. (hilarious and offensive)