Happy Three Day Weekend Day also known as Confused What Day It Is For The Rest Of The Week Day

in Holidays

It’s the most wonderful time of the year: Three Day Weekend Day!

Also known as…

Confused What Day It Is For The Rest Of The Week Day

Wait The Kids Don’t Have School? Day

Or this version thanks to my friend:

KidsDontHaveSchoolDay poster

I Am Not A Good Mom Day

Martin Luther King Day

President’s Day

Memorial Day

Labor Day

Columbus Day

Alex Day (well it should be)

Hope your day-off-not-day-off is a Better Than Bad day.

C @ Kid Things February 19, 2012 1

My kids had Lincoln’s birthday off last Monday instead of tomorrow, but yeah. That was me then. So I’ll make tomorrow “I’m Glad My Kids Have a Full Week of School Day”! And a merry one it will be.

Kimberly February 19, 2012 2

I’m an ER nurse…nobody ever stopped dying on holidays…selfish jerks.

Sarah February 20, 2012 3

My kids gone to a full week of school yet this month. It’s driving me crazy, and they’re even bored! February is the month of too many day’s off, at least for the kids.

Sarah February 20, 2012 4

Insert the word “haven’t” anywhere you’d like in that first sentence…

Skye February 20, 2012 5

My company apparently enjoys cultivating low morale because we only have six holidays per year. I am at work today while my friends are home sleeping. Sad face.

Late Enough February 20, 2012 6

Ooh, that would’ve been a good one:
Three Day Weekends: Except For Me Because My Company Enjoys Low Morale Mondays

Now I just need a sad faced Skye.

Jenni Chiu February 20, 2012 7

This is our first year at school… I’m still shocked and confused every time another holiday pops.
For me… it’s “Happy There’s A Reason I Don’t Home School Day.”
Or Happy Alex Day… that might work too.

Linda February 20, 2012 8

How about “My Kid is Watching Cartoons All Day Today” Day?

Late Enough February 20, 2012 9

Ooh, I want to come to your house. I like cartoons.

Tara February 20, 2012 10

Love this post. I am always thrown off when we have a 3 day weekend. I am looking forward to messing up dates and being confused for the rest of the week.
I am thankful for the snow though… It has given my kids endless fun outside.

Adrienne February 20, 2012 11

Happy Doing Unpleasant Projects Around the House Day

Happy Pretending That I’m Working at the Computer to Avoid My Family While They Work on Unpleasant Projects Around the House Day

Late Enough February 20, 2012 12

Ooh, one picture of your family hard at work and I could totally make that second line into a poster.

vikki February 20, 2012 13

it was at least three of those days here today, and they STILL don’t have school tomorrow, either. back-to-back holiday AND teacher workday? that just says “BULLSHIT” to me.

the snow is what did me in. i felt obligated as a parent to get them out and make a snowman since it’s probably the last snow we’ll ever see here in VA with the global climate change and all. we were chugging along pretty successfully with the wet sticky snow, notwithstanding the stupid dog attacking everything that had snow on it (mostly joseph) and trying to eat our snowman. then it was time to decorate his face, and i got owen a bowl of raisins to use for the mouth. because i am an idiot who can’t remember that raisins and grapes are EXTREMELY TOXIC TO DOGS. naturally owen put the bowl down on the hammock, naturally barksdale pounced and knocked it over, and thirty seconds later my daughter burst through the kitchen door to tell me that barksdale was eating raisins and WOULD SOON DIE. i phoned the vet, got the rundown, and threw a tantrum (why do we have a DOG?? he makes EVERYTHING HARDER! and it was ALREADY REALLY HARD!). cursed liberally in front of my kids, acted like an ass in front of my husband, and spent most of the day feeling like the worst mom ever. dog went to the vet (AGAIN), vomiting was induced, activated charcoal and fluids administered, observation carried out. $290 later, the snowman is almost melted, the raisins have been relocated to a higher shelf, and i have apologized to my children.

that’s how we spent our day off.

Late Enough February 20, 2012 14

I think your poster would have to say: I’ve Been There, Too.

Maybe tomorrow should be a movie marathon. You could throw in a presidential one for “learning.”

julie gardner February 20, 2012 15

My husband had to work, but the kids and I put a fire in the fireplace, popped popcorn, got under blankets and watched Monsters, Inc.

Even though they are in middle school and much too cool (in their own minds) to watch Disney movies.

So they were “humoring” me.
And I hope Lincoln and Washington approved…

p.s. They’d better get their middle school butts to school tomorrow if they REALLY want to humor me. shhhhh…

Lady Jennie February 21, 2012 16

The kids are on two week winter holiday over here (read: national ski break).

Amy @ A Little Nosh February 23, 2012 17

My son and husband both had school but I didn’t have work. It became Happy Watching My So Called Life on Netflix Day!