And yes, I love it. My highlights are more aquamarine that I anticipated, but my kids keep shouting: I love your green hair, Mama. In fact, my son’s only complaint is that I left brown on my head. He is awesome.
And when I’m not turning my hair random colors of embarrassment, I’m blogging elsewhere:
My Other Hangouts (don’t tell my blog):
- Does Prayer Bring Children Home?: My piece for Richmondmom.com on Robbie Wood, Jr, a local boy who was missing for 6 days, and the assumption of prayer answered.
- Chicken with Mini Noodles Attacks My Microwave: On MakesFunofStuff.com, Chicken with Mini Noodle Campbell’s soup explodes in our microwave not once but twice. Makes Fun denied.
- My Butt Is Too Good For Recycled Toilet Paper: Continuing my series on MakesFunofStuff.com, Loving The Environment Even If I Hate Being In It, I admit it: My butt is too posh for recycled toilet paper.
- WordCamp Richmond: On Saturday November 12th, Richmond is again hosting a day-long conference on WordPress design, development, and content creation. I’m speaking about my favorite WordPress plug-ins in the 11 a.m. Lightening Talks: Plugins We <3. Purchase tickets online. I would LOVE to see you there!
Favorite posts I didn’t read, I mean, write:
- The crap we put up with getting on and off an airplane: I had trouble choosing just one comic from The Oatmeal (which means you will probably get three more in the coming weeks). (funny)
- On Parenthood: From Coding Horror, “Your children, they ruin everything in the nicest way.” (insightful)
- A Female-Dominated Workplace Won’t Fix Everything: On the Harvard Business Blog, there are more American women in the workforce, graduating from college and receiving graduate degrees but will women solve all our workplace problems? (interesting)
- Occupy DC Learns To Like The Tea Party: On NPR, the Occupy D.C. movement holds lectures. Harvard Law School’s Lawrence Lessig teaches the protesters that they can take our government back by forging an alliance with the Tea Party grassroots. I love finding common ground! (smart)