Maybe if the post office wasn’t hiring a bunch of Republicans, it could get the job done and make a little profit on the side.
But instead of delivering your mail, I was writing elsewhere:
- Oh Nature, How I Hate You: On Richmondmom.com, I complain about Hurricane Irene, the not-in-DC Earthquake and a colony of ants that my husband dropped on my kids’ BED. (This piece got me noticed by the Associated Press! For buying a generator but he still said it was FUNNY.)
- Beyond Barbie: Piecing Together Today’s Woman: A 7-part lecture series ranging from movement to birth stories to eating disorders to storytelling. Come to 1 or all! I’m reading a never-could-publish-on-my-blog piece in the last lecture of the series: Life In The First Person.
- Crafty Letters And A Jaborandi Grove Giveaway: On MakesFunofStuff.com, we’re hosting a giveaway for an amazing custom letter. Great for your kid’s room, your own room, or pretty much any party you may need a gift for. I already have 2. Easy entry!
- What Do You Buy A Kid For His Birthday?: On This Blogger Makes Fun of Stuff, I write the most helpful How-To in the history of baby-making, child-rearing, birthday party going history. If you are heading to a kid’s birthday party EVER, it’s a must-read.
PS. You should probably join my weekly newsletter so you get a weekly round-up of posts PLUS you get to see my favorite reads of the week. Here’s a few of the awesome links my newsletter subscribers were sent:
- What If The Secret to Success Is Failure?: The New York Times discusses primary education, character and success. What is character? Can we quantify it? Teach it? Grade it? (smart and interesting)
- The Shape of a Mother: Pregnancy and motherhood changes our bodies. And here’s a blog celebrating those changes. (inspiring)
- Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult: On Truth-Out, a Republican staffer on Capital Hill retires because he doesn’t like what the Republican party has become. He did NOT become a Democrat so either party and no-partiers should read it. (smart and compelling)
- 10 Entertaining Tumblr Blogs About Your Parents: Mashable put together a hilarious list. I think “Dads On Vacation” is my favorite. And I’ll be giving away the book based on the blog “When Parent’s Text” next week on This Blogger Makes Fun of Stuff. (funny)
Click here to learn more about my newsletter