- Ska: Loved it. AND I STILL LOVE IT. I attended Ska-lapalooza in New Hampshire. And I only listen to old Mighty Mighty Bosstones (because they went TOO COMMERCIAL, MAN). I can skank with the best of them. (It’s a dance. Not THAT kind of dance.)
- Spawn: I cried when I finished seeing all the cartoon and real-actor movies because there are no more to see. I wish they’d make more of those instead of Ironman-2. (PS. According to Wiki: In 2001, Spawn appeared in a pornographic animation called “Soul Stuffer”. SO THERE’S ANOTHER MOVIE! Don’t tell me to skank to it.)
- Smash Mouth: Even though they redid The Monkey’s hit I’m A Believer, I forgive them and continue to sing Allstar whenever I can subtly work it into a conversation on the playground. Me: E! You went down the BIG slide! HEY NOW! YOU’RE AN ALLSTAR! (okay so this line sounded really familiar to me and it turns out I said it in my Music Loser post. BECAUSE IT’S TRUE AND A WEEKLY OCCURRENCE. So twice in my blog is actually me holding back)
- Sweetener: I did a blind-folded sugar taste test about seven years ago. (Because what else is there to do in a hospital at 3 a.m. while waiting for a baby to be born — and no, I was NOT the pregnant lady. I was the lazy medical student in the cafeteria drinking coffee.) I discovered that Equal is BY FAR the best of all the sweeteners including regular sugar. And thank eight-pound-baby-jesus that I’m not on that awful unprocessed food kick anymore stuck with raw sugar and tastes-like-butt coffee until the last three sips when my teeth fall out from coffee syrup.
- Secrets: I seem to have this strange ability to suck secrets out of people. I randomly discovered the identity of not one but TWO anonymous bloggers. Not because I was trying. I’m all for anonymity. I just happened to comment something that led to them outing themselves to me. But it’s not just an unmasked blogger problem. I also have random acquaintances tell me the most intimate details of their lives. And then never speak to me again. I figure that some day I may need favors. LOTS OF THEM.
- Senator Dole: I voted for him in 1996. Did you forget that I was once an atheist Republican? Obama is actually the first presidential hopeful who received my vote and ACTUALLY WON. My tally: Dole, Nader, Kerry, Obama.
- Spinal Tap: I have never seen This Is Spinal Tap or The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I know this makes me lame, but now my lameness is at a point where remedying it seems nearly impossible. I HAVE been to raves. Does that help? Or at least explain the picture at the top?
This post was brought to you by the letter S and the number seven. For no apparent reason. Well, actually when I noticed the first three things that I shouldn’t admit began with S, I ran with it. Ran to Awesomeville that is. Or Sawesomeville.
I probably shouldn’t have admitted to that last joke either.