How To High Five Yourself

in Awkward, Social Life

Thanks to a twitter conversation, I was inspired to create a tutorial for people who hate other people but still do awesome things that deserve high fives.  Or for people who do something hilarious and happen to be alone.  Those guys can watch it, too.

If you cannot see the video, you should click here: How To High Five Yourself Video

You’ll totally high-five yourself after watching it.

Lori March 7, 2011 1

Ok, Himself watched that with me and cracked up.

It was the slo-mo that got him best.

I fully intend to start high-fiving myself for typos, unwashed dishes and small lint-fires in the dryer.
Lori recently posted..More Sequins!

Mandy March 8, 2011 2

Thank you, thank you, thank you. For years I’ve been high fiving myself incorrectly. Now, thanks to Late Enough, I can do so with dignity and coolness.
Mandy recently posted..An Open Letter

Jessica March 8, 2011 3

Thank you so much for the vlog on how to properly give myself a high five. Usually I try and get my toddler to give me high fives when I do something awesome but she doesn’t always cooperate, but now…I now I can do it all by myself!
Jessica recently posted..My closet is being held hostage

Racheal Cook March 8, 2011 4

Awesome.
Racheal Cook recently posted..Q &amp A Friday- Do It NOW!

Doris nelson March 8, 2011 5

Hilarious. The older I get, the more like you I get. I will definitely be high fiving myself all day. Have a good one

Dolli-Mama March 8, 2011 6

Cracking me up! So funny!

Abby March 8, 2011 7

I’m so glad you’ve brought this important issue to light. I have been high-fiving myself in private for years. Now I can proudly show my own support for myself without shame. Thanks, Alex. You’re an inspiration.
Abby recently posted..Ill Pay You To Shoot Me Now

Kristin @ Peace, Love and Muesli March 8, 2011 8

I don’t like leaving the house either but I try to pretend I do. Your tutorial is inspiring me to just stay home and be cool with it.

Late Enough March 8, 2011 9

If I’m able to keep one more person in that comforts of her own home, I have done my job for today. And maybe for next week, too.

Matty March 8, 2011 10

Well then. That was different.

I especially liked the slow motion replay. Nice touch.

You might be onto something here. Stay-At-Home tutorials.
Matty recently posted..I Smell Good

LindsJo March 8, 2011 11

Your hair looks great in this vlog! High five yourself for that!
LindsJo recently posted..50-50

Edie B. Kuhl March 8, 2011 12

I’ve been doing it all wrong! Thanks for your public service.
Edie B. Kuhl recently posted..Its All in the Wrist

Alexandra March 8, 2011 13

You know what? This made me smile. Big. And so I’m going to do it.

Thanks for the joy.xo
Alexandra recently posted..Farewell- Green Skirt – or- The GiveAway Finale Post

barbarag0rd0n March 8, 2011 14

You.are.ridiculous.

Ridiculously FUNNY! HA! I like this so much, I am gonna high five myself even when other people are around.

Late Enough March 8, 2011 15

That’s what I like to hear! WE DON’T NEED PEOPLE ANYMORE!
(Heck yeah, I just high-fived myself after writing that)

Adrienne March 8, 2011 16

Thank goodness you’re here for me! I, too, am loathe to leave my house and (shudder) mingle with the unwashed masses, but what am I, a frequent doer of awesome things, to do about the paucity of high five-age in my life?

Problem solved! Thanks Alex. Give yourself a high five!
Adrienne recently posted..Bombarded

Tonya March 8, 2011 17

You are freakin’ hilarious!
Tonya recently posted..Right On Ludington

Christine March 8, 2011 18

Lady. I LOVE you!! You rock my world.
xoxox
Christine recently posted..Triggers

Mommy Shorts March 8, 2011 19

I am relatively new to your blog so I don’t know if you vlog often but it is a rare person that doesn’t make me want to throw myself off a bridge the moment I press play. So high five, yourself. I am still very much dry and on land.

Caroline March 8, 2011 20

Love.it! I’ve been giving myself a pat on the back all this time when instead I should have been high-fiving myself! Now, I know how.

Tara March 8, 2011 21

In my childhood my sister and I invented a high five machine. This was a mannequin we would sell to say, bars and burger joints frequented by little league players, softball leagues and the like. Putting a quarter in the mannequin and it would robotically and somewhat unenthusiastically give you a high five. It lacked your enthusiasm which I suppose is why we never got a patent.

Susan March 9, 2011 22

Thanks for the tutorial. I’m totally a visual learner. Had tried this once and did it wrong. Had a black eye for a week. Thanks to you, I might try this again soon. Maybe the slow-mo to start. Awesome video : )
Susan recently posted..How to entertain young children Tip473

Megan (Best of Fates) March 15, 2011 23

Finally remembered to watch this when I had access to video.

And… it’s fabulous.

My favorite part is the excited clap. Though I shall be utilizing the self high five all the time now.

‘Cause I hate people.

And I do awesome stuff.
Megan (Best of Fates) recently posted..Pierce Me- Baby

Stacy March 27, 2011 24

Thank you, this was very inspirational, I loved it

Stacy
Stacy recently posted..Mater the Dump Truck

Carly Herman December 13, 2011 25

Give yourself a high five! Now, thanks to Late Enough, I can do so with dignity and coolness. For years I’ve been high fiving myself incorrectly.

paul January 11, 2012 26

Thank you so much for this. The slo mo was particularily helpful. You’re the best.