Overheard. Actually Said. By Me. Mostly.

in Social Life

Someone once commented that they would like to be a fly on our wall. So here are some of my favorite two-ish liners. Also we have a fly swatter. SO LAUGH.

________
I start to tell Scott a story WHERE I WIN. His eyebrows go up.

Me: If you don’t put those condescending eyebrows away…

Scott places hands over eyebrows: Go on with your very interesting story.
________
Scott glancing at himself (not a new phenomenon): I’m so studly.

{short pause as he takes in my morning-hate glare}

S: It must be doubly frustrating to be so attracted to someone who is so annoying.
________
Me: Don’t hate me because I’m awesome.

Scott: That’s not why I hate you.
________
Scott texts me: We need an opar.

Me: And a dictionary.
________
Me in a voicemail to Scott: I’m so tired and I think people suck.

Scott (many hours later}: I wasn’t really motivated to call back.
________
Scott: Oops. I spilled water.

E: Alright, you get the blue towel and clean it up, and I’ll poop.

Okay so I got that last one as the text. And responded: Ha! That convo could’ve gone either way.

I clearly wasn’t the funny one that day.
_______

PS. I made the photo booth style picture with Picnik. It’s also how I made my blog button. They aren’t paying me to say this. But you can if you’re bored. Or rich. Mostly if you’re rich. Contact me Richie Rich. Oh and in the third picture? I look like one hot zombie. Seriously.

Karena August 24, 2010 1

How fun & such a cute couple!!! Happy to find you through Anita!

Karena
Art by Karena
Karena recently posted..The Royal Winners

Ofthesea August 24, 2010 2

Love your hairstyle! I have ALWAYS wanted to wear bangs.

Not for those of the curly persuasion, tho.

And yes, your man needs a dictionary, but you need an “opar” even more!
Trust me on this one. Life will never be the same.

Christine LaRocque August 24, 2010 3

That you remember these conversations to tell them here is amazing. Mostly my convos with my hubs (who, despite what this would have you believe, I adore) just roll out of my head.
Christine LaRocque recently posted..Finding stability and learning to coast

TheKitchenWitch August 24, 2010 4

My favorite is “opar.” Laughing my head off before 7am. You always bring it, girl.
TheKitchenWitch recently posted..White Trash Motherlode- Taco Salad

ShannonL August 24, 2010 5

Aww, you guys are awesome!

And I agree with Christine… It’s impressive that you actually remember these little conversations! So cute! :-)
ShannonL recently posted..An Interview With ShannonL yes- thats me

KLZ August 24, 2010 6

You know, that last one really could’ve gone either way. It’s true. Which makes it funny.
KLZ recently posted..The Attention Span is Widening

Justine August 24, 2010 7

Thanks for letting me be a fly. Love this stint only when I’m at your place. I’ll even risk the swatter. :)
Justine recently posted..Thank you for keeping my secret

Kristin @ Peace, Love and Muesli August 24, 2010 8

I’m am going to write some of those lines down and use them on my unsuspecting husband.
Kristin @ Peace, Love and Muesli recently posted..Corn-On-The-Corn

Miss Welcome August 24, 2010 9

My husband and I giggled over these today. They were all funny.

the Mother August 24, 2010 10

Sounds like conversations with my teens. Hubby rarely plays. Largely because he never wears his hearing aids.
the Mother recently posted..FREEDOM!

Mandy August 24, 2010 11

Put away your swatter ’cause I’m laughing my ass off over here. :D

Also…opar.

Was he talking Tarzan or the Office of Policy Analysis and Research or, hopefully, the plant?

Although, I’d love to have my very own Office of Policy Analysis and Research.
Mandy recently posted..Eat Rocks and Bleed – Part 1

Chara August 24, 2010 12

You always have the funniest blog posts on days I need a giggle the most. LOVE that you two are such silly stinkers if not goobery at times. :o) We need to vacay together.

Allison @ Alli 'n Son August 24, 2010 13

Ha! These pics are really cute. Your house sounds like my house. Only with less dogs barking in the background.
Allison @ Alli ‘n Son recently posted..Response cached until Tue 24 @ 22:34 GMT (Refreshes in 60 Minutes)

The Sweetest August 24, 2010 14

Almost missed the poop- way to sneak it in at the last minute! Can’t have a day (uh, hour) without poop around here.
The Sweetest recently posted..Why Me

Tonya August 24, 2010 15

Hil.a.rious! I did laugh. A lot. No fly swatter.

soccermom August 24, 2010 16

I think its great that you two can laugh and have fun together.

I am working on that kind of relationship with my sportsman. but he is a very analytical type of person. geez

How fun is that? NOT

Dana August 24, 2010 17

Awesome.

I love when couples have that quick verbal spar thing going on. It’s one of my favourite things about my favourite couples. I just realized how creepy that sounds….

Erin I'm Gonna Kill Him August 25, 2010 18

You gotta laugh with and at each other…to keep from crying. You do seem well matched!

Meg December 31, 2010 19