I Ask: Can You Ask? I’m Tired.

in I Ask Advice

I ask. Actually no, I don’t ask. Well, I sorta ask if you will ask me.

Not like ADVICE (unless you are dying. then ASK AWAY because you are already getting all sorts of inane advice.)

More: I’VE ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW {blank} ABOUT LATE ENOUGH.

Like did you really edit your eighth grade yearbook and include random inside jokes? are you now thinking that it might have been your sixth grade yearbook? was one of the inside jokes: do these eyes look like they care? (middle school is a pit of jabbing needles in your eye.)

And I’ll reply here, but if some questions are DEEP or NEEDY or HILARIOUS, I’ll blog them out. Because YOU CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH. (I’m totally Tom Cruise in that movie. I don’t know what that means either.)

So instead of I Ask, You Answer, it’s like: I Ask, You Ask, I Answer (and the green grass grows all around all around and the green grass grows all around). But just for this week.

PS. If you need to ask me more later on, I am on formspring. But be warned, the last question I asked someone was: Do you think Alex@LateEnough/L8enough is the awesome? So I’ll find you.

PPS. Don’t forget that answers are up for all the previous I Ask posts.

Miss Welcome August 27, 2010 1

What are you doing up so late Missy? (My French morning time says you posted only an hour ago).

Alors, I ask: what pivotal point in your life had you start believing in God?

Late Enough August 27, 2010 2

I was up until 12:30am but I think that I scheduled the post for 12:50. Why? I don’t know. I always have the post schedule for the date that I want it to go up on even if I finish it at 11:55pm, I wait until midnight. CRAZY.

Wait, that wasn’t your question?

Honestly, I have to mull the pivotal God moment. If I’m ready to post on it. If it is just one point.

Oh, Miss Welcome! You punched me in the gut.

Kathy August 27, 2010 3

Ok looking back at your zombie post, my question is. Since we all know you have a little zombie in you. What person if you were allowed would you eat just because they get on your last nerve?

Late Enough August 27, 2010 4

HAHA!! I totally have zombie genes — look at N! (http://www.lateenough.com/2010/06/she-may-need-that-skill-when-the-zombies-arrive/)

So I can think of a few people but none of them would be tasty… too stringy or too much additive. Plus I’m not much of a meat person. Although maybe I’ll bite them. Because WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE ANNOYING ME?

KLZ August 27, 2010 5

I’m having trouble not posing questions out of insecurity. Questions like: how long can you hold a grudge?

Instead I will ask: if you had to choose between a mermaid tail and a unicorn horn as your new body part, which would you choose? Fin slapping someone could be awesome, but a horned head-butt? Hard to choose…
KLZ recently posted..The Attention Span is Widening

Late Enough August 27, 2010 6

Question insecure: Is this serious? Do you really think that I might be holding a grudge against you? I can’t even figure out what the grudge would be about? Or are you planning something and trying to gauge my probable anger? If it’s the latter, FOREVER. Otherwise, I’m over it already?

Okay so at first I was like YES UNICORN HORN. But then I thought, I may have to fit in with the HUMANS and the mermaid tail would be easier to hide. Until I had to go to the bathroom. Flapping over there? Would totally out me.

So I’m back to the unicorn horn. Vicious unicorn horn. NEIGH!

ShannonL August 27, 2010 7

Are you this funny in person? Is it hard for you to come up with funny stuff or do weird, random things happen to you so often that you just have to write about it? Do you feel pressure to always be funny or does it just come naturally? I know you have written some pretty serious stuff here, too, but you always come back to funny (I love reading both sides of you, btw), which is cool but is it hard (especially when things aren’t going well for you at the time)?
ShannonL recently posted..Shopping- Peeing and Ice Cream

Late Enough August 29, 2010 8

psst, i haven’t responded because i’m thinking of blogging it out…

psst, you’re cool

ShannonL August 30, 2010 9

Oh, yay!
Psst… you’re cool, too.
ShannonL recently posted..Six Word Friday- Im not waiting

Random Inquisitor August 27, 2010 10

Can you do a moose impression and if so post a picture? I’m so curious- it’s a sign of intelligence.

Late Enough August 27, 2010 11

Why I do have a moose impression.

But I’m pretty sure that I need video. Luckily, my moose-y sister showed me mac photo booth. If I can just get my son to stop recording himself in infrared, I’ll be all set to go.

PS. It’s not only a sign of intelligence but also a sign of THE AWESOME.

PPS. I’m going thru the Alaska pics right now. Prepare Facebook.

Natalie August 27, 2010 12

I can’t think of my own witty and humorous question, so I’ll second KLZ’s ;)
Natalie recently posted..Mommys Time Out

Late Enough August 27, 2010 13

I should disqualify you. But I liked KLZ’s question too.

I added my answer but I can’t figure out how to make an arrow pointing up to the answer… hold on..

^

Okay that’s just pathetic.

AKeo August 27, 2010 14

You may have this somewhere on here, but I haven’t read all of your posts yet, so I’m asking. And excuse my ignorance about how medical school works and your relationship with your husband.

You’ve said you have a medical degree… in what? I sometimes think “of course, pediatrics… didn’t she meet her hubby in “college” or did they meet each other in medical school but with different focuses?” Or was that college college and you both happened to go to medical school? Anywho, if you were the other practicing Dr. Iwashyna, what kind of doctor would you be at the moment?
AKeo recently posted..The Toddler Diet

Late Enough August 27, 2010 15

Wait you haven’t read EVERY SINGLE THING I’VE EVER POSTED. WTH.

Now that I’m over myself…
General doctor education: high school (4 yrs), college (4 yrs), medical school (MD obtained: 4 yrs), residency (speciality: 3-7 yrs depending on the speciality), +/- fellowship (subspecialty: 1-5 years)

Scott and I met in medical school. We were married in my 2nd year of medical school and his 4th year of medical school.

Medical students pick their specialty towards the end of your 3rd year of medical school and apply to residencies in your 4th year.
We both picked pediatrics although he was in his 2nd year of residency when I was applying for residencies. He planned to do general peds, which he clearly does. I was going to go on to fellowship after residency. I got pregnant my 4th year of medical school and decided to take a year off between graduating from medical school and going on to pediatric residency. Within a few months of E’s birth, I knew that I did not want to be away from him for as much as residency would demand (60-80hr/wk most months). I talk about that decision here: http://www.lateenough.com/2009/11/day-i-gave-up-my-medical-career-to-become-stay-at-home-mom/

So I would probably have been a pediatric oncologist. Maybe nephrologist (I wouldn’t have had to pick my subspecialty until my 2nd year of residency.) I doubt that I would be blogging or writing. But who knows what bizarro-alex is doing right now?

kimba August 27, 2010 16

…stuck behind a sloooow moving vehicle today and had a chance to read all their bumper stickers. the sentiments expressed rang so true with me i gave the driver 1,000 points (one example: “war only decides who’s left”…oh no, i can’t remember the others, our kids tag teamed to keep us awake every night this week). so, i’m asking…alex, what bumper stickers would you roll with? besides the one that says lateenough.com

Late Enough August 27, 2010 17

okay so i HAVE bumper stickers. mostly because my parents wouldn’t allow them when i was a teenager. my first car that i bought with my money was COVERED in them (hi extremes!)
I had/have:
New York Giants
Celebrate Diversity (with rainbows)
Late Enough
Denounce Torture (Amnesty International)
Obama ’08 (I need to update to ’12 soon)
God Is Still Speaking (United Church of Christ)

But I’m open to suggestions and will totally trade a LateEnough sticker for it.

PS. I just noticed that I have no funny on my car. Making this response also not funny. The Truth: Liberal but Not Funny. (best. bumper. sticker. also could be the reason why we liberals suck at talk radio)

Walt August 28, 2010 18

Are velociraptors making a comeback?
Walt recently posted..Zombies in Las Vegas

Marge July 11, 2011 19

so what’s up with LATE ENOUGH? I like it. I ask all the time, I ask you, I ask my old friends, I ask my kids and neighbors. I depend on you to have the ANSWERS.
mw