Welcome back to the Late Enough Advice Column: I Ask. You Answer.
So I know y’all fall into one of four categories:
- I don’t know what BlogHer or the BlogHer 2010 Conference is
- I don’t care about BlogHer
- I wish I was going to BlogHer
- I am going to BlogHer
So I have questions for EVERYONE because I’m oversensitive TOO!
But first the basics: I’m going to BlogHer.
If you don’t know what the BlogHer conference is, well, I don’t either. But from what I’ve gathered it’s the biggest blogging conference. And it’s about bloggy stuff. And companies are there, too. And really big important bloggers. And really little but STILL IMPORTANT bloggers.
And I don’t really like people.
Or I don’t like how people make me feel. Which would be UNCOMFORTABLE.
So besides going and not talking to people, what are your suggestions for situations such as:
- I see a really famous blogger?
- I see a blogger I don’t like or strongly disagree with?
- I run into a blogger who only likes the one other person that I know at BlogHer?
- No one wants my super cool buttons, stickers, or business cards?
- Wait, back to number 5. How do I even give OUT my business cards, buttons and stickers?
- What can I do to make you feel more a part of when everyone else is at BlogHer and you are blogging at home? And feel like all the PFs (potential friends — pay attention people) are now BFFs and you don’t count (even though you DO)? I want to use Twitter and my blog to help! (You can also check out BlogHer At Home.)
So those first 5 questions can be answered by anyone in categories 1-4, also known as EVERYONE since falling outside of those categories seems difficult. And the last question is clearly geared towards those who wish they were going to BlogHer (category 3) OR people who didn’t go last year and remember the suckage of it all (previous category 3s who have moved to a category 4 person).
And finally, if you ARE going to BlogHer and want to meet up, let me know! Comment here, email or DM me. Because I REALLY want to meet you, too! (This isn’t a question but neither were most of the other ones.)
PS. Seriously, help me out. Because my current plan if things go south is going in disguise.
Photo courtesy of my son. To see the series of (six) pictures of him and I go here. But don’t be surprised if you don’t recognize us AT ALL.
Answer that I quoted and also got a little jealous. Walt wrote: By all means, HAVE FUN at Blogher. I’m going to the Star Trek Convention. (And then he wrote and I quoted) Rock out with your Blog out. Spater Gator
Answer that helped me to get over myself. [email protected] wrote: I don’t think I’ve planned enough for this. I’m going, and yet I haven’t bought new clothes, and I haven’t even figured out what time I’m arriving, and part of me wonders if I’ll be wandering around aimlessly while all the pretty girls meet up and swap blog stories, or something. Business cards? What are those? Am I missing something? This is supposed to be fun, right?